Sunday, November 9, 2008

My Man at Work


I love that Adam loves what he does. He is still in school, but he is getting a lot of experience with building and maintaining water features, working in nurseries, etc. We have been a little worried, though, about what might be in store for us when he graduates in April, what with the poor economy and such. A couple weeks ago Adam went to a green industry convention and ended up doing a ton of great networking. There are two companies he met there, one in San Fransisco and one in Dallas, who want to fly him out to see their businesses and if he would want to work with them. Pretty exciting, huh?! This picture is of Adam working on a pond in Park City to prepare it for the winter. It was completely covered in ice, so he had to put on water proof overalls that went up to his chest and get in to start breaking up the surface. Then, just in case he wasn't cold enough, it started snowing. I'm glad he's still having fun!!! :)

6 comments:

Melissa said...

I don't envy him. I used to work with my dad and he has a landscaping business. We were always building ponds...I can't comprehend liking it, but I'm really glad that Adam and my Dad do so we can have pretty things to look at. :)

Rebecca & Jeff said...

That is such great news!! I hope all goes well when he flys out. Jeff just had interviews in San Francisco this week. That would be so awesome if we ended up close! I'm still bummed we haven't gotten together yet! We need to work on that asap!

Jen.Steve.Joe said...

I got freezing just looking at that picture, go Adam! Isn't Courtney so nice!? It's such a small world...

The Everts said...

How fun! That is awesome news. Your baby is so adorable. You have such a cute little family. I have a blog too, if you ever want to check it out.

fredandkirsten.blogspot.com

Kirsten

Shelley Nicole said...

Woah, snowy! That is great news! but does that mean you're moving? I think it does :( Love you! Miss you!

Tamara said...

I am glad that he enjoys doing it, it is certainly something that I would not enjoy.