Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Thanksgiving

I LOVE this time of year! Halloween is a great kick-off to the fall/winter seasons, and then soon after comes Thanksgiving! I love how it fits in just perfectly, right between Halloween and Christmas, the most wonderful one of all. This Thanksgiving we were able to see both of our families. I haven't been to my parents' house for Thanksgiving since the year before Adam and I got married, so I loved going home this year! We thought it would be really sad because we had such a small group (my parents, Alison, Nathan, and us), but it was actually really special. And don't think that we let our numbers dictate the menu--we still had it all: a turkey, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, a green bean casserole, homemade rolls, stuffing, and 15--yes, 15--pies!!!
Don't they look amazing?! My dad bought a razzleberry, French apple, and key lime, my mom made a snickers, Alison made a brownie cheesecake, 2 velvet almond fudge pies, 2 pumpkin, and a cherry pie, and I made a plain cheesecake with raspberry sauce, a chocolate walnut pie, a chocolate pecan pie, a lemon ice box pie, and a chocolate-peanut butter mud pie. Woohoo, what a weekend!
We loved seeing both of our families and doing things like going to New Moon (AWESOME!!!), decorating for Christmas, and getting a little Christmas shopping done. We are so blessed to have such wonderful families, and to be able to have a family of our own. Not a day goes by without Adam and me talking about how lucky we are to have such a good, precious boy as our Steven and such a sweet, good sleeper as our Rebecca. They are both so happy and perfect. And we all get to be together forever! How great is that?!







































2 comments:

Barbaloot said...

Hey-we had about that many pies, too! Wish we could've spent Thanksgiving together, but I'm glad you got to be with your fam:)

Sara Waldron said...

Wow, those pies look amazing! I'm so glad you had such a great Thanksgiving.