Lately I've found myself doing a lot of reflecting on my life and how blessed I am, especially when it comes to my family. I keep catching sweet little moments with my children and find myself thinking about how much I am going to miss those moments when they are grown up. Things like Daniel laughing so hard when I kiss or tickle his feet, then shoving them back in my face and saying "again," or "other one!" Also moments like today when all 3 kids were snuggled up to each other watching a silly little Lego Star Wars clip online. Their cute little toes hung off the edge of the couch--my kids all have the same toes.
For a while Steven didn't want to kiss me anymore and it killed me. Too grown up already?! But, thankfully, he has started doing it again. All of my kids give the best hugs and kisses. I get them at bedtime and every time I leave the house--they will come running, saying, "How about a hug and kiss???" if I try to leave too quickly.
I look around at my home--the carpet is vacuumed and the dishes are washed (thanks, Adam), but there are toys strewn about and a backpack on a chair. Furniture has been moved for play and shoes left right where they came off. These things use to really get to me, but I have been noticing that time keeps going faster and my kids are growing up way too fast. I know there will come a day where I will long to see some tiny shoes and lego pieces on the floor.
I have been trying lately to cherish each moment and to make good, lasting memories with my kids. I love them so much and am so grateful for them. I do know them, but as they grow and change I get to know and love them even more. I can't wait to do that with the next one, too.
Saturday, February 22, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Aw. What a sweet post. I love it. And Brandon went through a little phase where he didn't want to give me kisses or hugs. It was so sad. Luckily he grew out of it pretty quickly. So I feel your pain. Glad Steven got out of it too. They're sure cuties!
Post a Comment