
This was Adam's very first father's day! It was also my first mother's or father's day to not me in California with most of my family. It was pretty special, though. We loved getting to celebrate with our little family. The day started out with Steven eating, of course. Then I made breakfast for Adam and we hung out all morning until church. (We don't have church until 2:30. Needless to say, it was a pretty nice, long morning.) Adam and Steven had fun relaxing together while I worked on the dinner. (Adam wore those Sponge Bob pj pants so much in the hospital when we had Steven that the day we left and he was in real clothes one of the nurses didn't even recognize him.)
My Relief Society president had made little gifts for all the men in the ward and we got to take a field trip to our husbands to deliver their special treats. It had the neatest quote/poem: God took the strength of a mountain, the majesty of a tree, the warmth of a summer sun, the calm of a quiet sea, the generous soul of nature, the comforting arm of night, the wisdom of the ages, the power of the eagle's flight, the joy of a morning in spring, the faith of a mustard seed, the patience of eternity, the depth of a family need. Then God combined these qualities. When there was nothing more to add, He knew His masterpiece was complete. And so, He called it...DAD.
I am so grateful to have such a wonderful father for my children. Adam and I are also very blessed to both have exceptional fathers. My dad showed me what I wanted in my husband and father to my children, and Adam's dad showed him how to be that kind of man.
I must also mention our mothers, as we started our blog after Mother's Day. I have always been grateful for my mother, but I never realized until becoming one myself how much they really to sacrifice to raise their children. Both of our mothers decided to stay at home, and we have been so blessed for it. Thank-you to our moms and dads!!! We love you! XOXOXOXO


2 comments:
I love your latest family piture.
What a cute little family.
Steven is growing up so fast.
Happy Father's Day - Adam.
I love that last picture with all of you. Steven is sooooo cute, and he is getting bigger! Happy fathers day yesterday to Adam!
Post a Comment