
We were so excited last Saturday to be able to see the
Waldrons!!! Chris, Sara (my cousin), and their precious baby boy Christopher are down by Huntington Beach where Chris is working for the summer. On Saturday we decided to meet half way at
Zuma Beach, right by Malibu. Sara and I combined cooking forces and prepared a picnic, then we took turns watching the kids and playing in the water--for the guys this meant body surfing and diving into waves, and for us girls it meant venturing forth just enough to get our knees splashed. Adam also built Steven a huge pit to splash around in. It was as if Steven could instantly tell what his daddy was doing, and he wanted to get right in on the action!

Steven LOVED seeing baby Christopher. It made me really excited for when we have our own new baby for him to play with and love.

After our time at the beach we decided that we weren't quite ready to part, so we found a Chinese restaurant and kept on visiting. Steven was so wiped out from the sun, the ocean, and trying to eat his weight in sand that he actually slept through our whole dinner, right on the seat cushion around the table! That has NEVER happened before. Thanks to Chris and Sara for being so fun, and a special thanks for treating us at dinner!!! You guys are so awesome!
6 comments:
Looks like fun! I need to go to the beach we have lived here for 2 months now and I haven't actually gone to the beach during the day - only walking around at night at Blake's parent's house. I am so excited for you and for your little girl!
I love the splash pool adam made, I'm definately going to try that next time we go! Here is a trick, if you don't already know it. Have you noticed that little boys get their whole bodies COVERED in sand and it won't come off? My friend taught me to just bring baby powder to the beach. You tap it on and the sand rubs right off...Miracles never do cease! I keep baby powder in my beach bag now!
I'm pretty sure there's a picture of Adam, at the beach, eating sand like it was his lunch. Like father, like son. Happy Father's Day!!
I'm bummed we didn't get a picture with all of us together... next time huh? We really had a great time and look forward to seeing you again sometime!
How fun! I bet its just so awesome to live so close to the beach!! I bet your tan is looking real good! ;)
Fun times. Maybe I'll take that trip out to California...you know, now that I have my license and all.
Post a Comment