Friday, July 30, 2010

4th of July

We had such a wonderful time for July 4th!!! (Yes, I know it was weeks ago--such is life.) We got to see both families--is there a holiday we don't??? Lucky us! The 4th fell on a Sunday this year, so my parents' ward did a breakfast picnic/party on Saturday morning. They had a little parade where all the Primary kids got to decorate their bikes to look patriotic, then ride around the park path. My mom pulled out her little car and put some flags on it for Steven to ride. Adam pretty much pushed him the whole time, and he had a total blast!!! It was really cute. We watched fireworks up at the Kings' on Sunday night. Steven did not enjoy the ones in the sky, but he loved all the sparklers on the ground. We are so blessed to enjoy the freedoms this country affords us--namely, the freedom to choose what church to go to; also, the freedom to raise our families the way we want. God bless the USA!!!

3 comments:

Trevor, Caci, and Jace said...

Looks like so much fun!! And I love the patriotic, coordinated outfits! My goal is to do that EVERY sunday and holiday. You guys are a gorgeous family!!! Your babies are getting so big!

Sara Waldron said...

I'm slowly catching up on blogs after having a broken computer for a while. It looks like your cruise was amazing! How fun that you were all able to be there! And I love your 4th pictures too.

Buffy Dayton said...

Oh my gosh Lisa, I love Steven's hair....so stinkin' cute. I am sad your family won't be coming to Park City this year, we wanna see everybody, but I am sure the Cruise was WAY fun!