Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Daniel Bruce

8 lbs. 9 oz. and 20.5 inches of pure joy!
Our sweet baby boy is finally here! He was due November 1st, and we were going to induce by the 8th. He surprised us and came a few days early on October 29th--sharing his birthday with two awesome cousins! We were right in the middle of a family birthday party for Rebecca when my water suddenly burst. I was standing in the middle of the kitchen when it happened--weirdest feeling, ever. I had no idea what to do, but I could not move for about 10 minutes because I was too nervous to have more and more water come and start getting all over the floor. Sorry, tmi? Maybe.
Anyway, Daniel is so completely precious. He mostly just sleeps, eats, and poops right now, but he has a few awake moments each day that are so peaceful. He opens his huge, beautiful eyes and gazes around the room. He is already starting to try to focus on our faces, too.
Steven and Rebecca are IN LOVE. They cannot get enough of him. Oh, and Steven totally calls him Cookie Monster. I think that name might be around for a while. ;)

11 comments:

Cristine Garrison said...

Cookie Monster is adorable!!! Congratulations! Did you do it sans-epidural like you had planned?

Mom said...

LOVE all your darling posts! You are amazing to keep up with it like you do! Love that little Daniel! Please give your kids hugs from us!!
XO

Mom said...

Ha! That last one was from me, Lis...Trisha. Not sure why it said "Mom"???!!!

Bonnie, Spencer, Mak, and Kai said...

so precious! love his name!
cant imagine how weird that must feel to have your water break at home! its a weird enough feeling at the hospital, but yea for not having to be induced and going a few days early! He was born the day after Mak!

Sara Waldron said...

I'm so glad he's here and healthy- and he's beautiful! I love the picture with both kids hovering over him!

Amanda said...

What a beautiful baby boy! Congratulations, Hall Family!!

Melissa said...

Congrats! He is so precious! Water breaking is the WEIRDEST FEELING EVER! Mine happened in the night and I just thought I couldn't stop peeing, haha! I hope you enjoy having him home, what a little sweetheart!

Kate said...

Yay! I'm glad he's here. It was nice of him to come a little early.

Brittany Webster said...

Awww so adorable! Congrats! I am so happy you are all home and healthy!

Chrissy said...

Yay, Lis! Congratulations!!! What a sweet little angel. Can you even believe you are a mother of three? I so look forward to seeing you again and meeting him!

Becky Dayton said...

CONGRATULATIONS! Yes I'm just catching up on your blog and making tons of comments. "I'd like to meet that boy." Your family is so cute!