Monday, May 13, 2013

Happy Mothers' Day!!!

I love being a mom!  I love my three beautiful kids!  I love Adam and that he is such a wonderful dad!  Yesterday was really great.  Ironically enough, both of our moms (who live within 20 minutes of us) were in Texas, so that changed things up a bit.  Still, it was a truly fantastic day.  Adam let me sleep in, then he brought me breakfast in bed (yummy oatmeal with agave and almond milk--just the way I like it), and the kids carried in beautiful red roses and a sweet picture Rebecca drew of all my kids.  Rebecca had her breakfast with me.  It was pretty fun having that girl time.  Church was so fun, and we were even on time, for once!  The Primary children sang (Rebecca suddenly got nervous, but Steven did a good job a plunked himself right in the front so I could see him), the Bishop gave a great talk about how wonderful women are, we got AMAZING chocolate and cinnamon rolls and presents, and all the women were able to go to Relief Society.  I LOVE Relief Society and sometimes miss it when callings take me elsewhere so the Mothers' Day lesson is one I always look forward to.  We had a fun, low-key dinner at Alison's house--yummy pancakes, French toast, and sausage.  Thanks, Ali!  The whole day was just perfect.  I got to relax, eat good stuff, hear about how great I am because I'm a woman, and--best of all--enjoy my family.  Loved it.

1 comment:

Sara Waldron said...

Apparently I haven't checked your blog forever. I loved reading your posts and seeing pictures of your cute kids! Glad you're all doing well!