| By far my favorite moments are ones like this--all happy and loving being together. |
I'm not gonna lie, I have had a lot of hard Mom days lately. Sometimes I just want to run into my room, lock and slam the door, put my face in my pillow, and scream. My kids aren't even being super bad--well, Steven is definitely ready for more stimulation at school and he and Rebecca go back and forth between being best friends and plain old driving each other crazy. I think it is just that the constant outbursts of I'm firsty! Mo-oooom! Mommy, I'm hungry! Ewww, that food is gross; I dont like to eat that. etc. are really hitting the right nerves. I mean, how much refereeing, laundry doing for 5 people, preparing meals for 4-5 completely different taste pallets, picking up toys and messes I didn't make, hurting my feet on toys that got missed in the pick up, and so on can one mom be expected to do?! Daniel is having a nap--thank Heaven he still takes a great nap each day--and the other two are trying to compromise on a quiet movie. I am on time out. At times like this I need to step back for a few quiet moments and remember how much I truly do love my kids, no matter how many seriously nasty diapers or snotty tissues we go through every couple hours.
Steven is so loving. Almost every night he asks me to stay and snuggle with him for a while. He is so mellow and has always given such great loves. I love it when he lets just looks at me with his wonderful sweet, satisfied smile.
| He has such a kind, sweet soul. |
Rebecca is full of fun and loves to take care of everybody; she even makes sure my toes are covered by the blanket when we snuggle for snooze time. I love when this girl gets all dressed up (which is basically every day), and I especially love the times she allows me to do her hair.
| This day she was Tinkerbell, complete with the hair, wings, and a matching lunch box. |
| I am so grateful these two are best friends (most of the time, that is)! |
| I LOVE baby feet! So soft and smooth! |
Well, that's enough quiet time for me. I'm off to help Rebecca do a big puzzle (guess the whole quiet movie thing didn't work out--better for them that way, anyway).

1 comment:
I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who has moments like that! Your kids are so sweet, and we loved seeing them last week. I wish we could get together more often!
Post a Comment