Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Skating


About a year ago, I got so tired of finding loose change scattered around the house and so worried about it choking then little baby Daniel, that I pulled out a piggy bank and we started collecting and saving.  I told the kids we would do something fun together once it was full. It too months and months, and they never forgot or lost enthusiasm.  Any time they would see coins, Rebecca would shout, Money for the pig!  Ste-yen, money for the pig!!!  We ended up with enough money that their different wishes could both be met.  Rebecca's was to go skating.  What a blast!!!  None of our kids had ever gone before, and it was a very fun adventure.  I hope we go again soon.  It was really fun to watch them go from terror and having to be held up to excitement and doing it all on their own (with the help of the metal skating rails, of course).  Great pick, Rebecca!!!  Steven's will be next. 








1 comment:

Phillips Family said...

What a great idea!!!! Love all the pix!