Sunday, February 22, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!!! XOXO

We had such a wonderful Valentine's Day last week! We decided to have a yummy, fancy meal at home instead of trying to fight the INSANE crowds. I remember that my family always did a fancy Valentine's dinner in our dining room and my parents had little gifts for all us kids. Adam and I decided that we want to do the same thing with our family. Steven seemed to really have a blast, too!
I made some lemon pork chops, rolls, steamed carrots, broccoli, and salad. We had the rest of the chocolate box cake I made for dessert. It was so much fun to get out all of our nicest table setting things.
This wasn't actually taken on Valentine's Day, but I just didn't think this entry would be complete without the two guys who made the holiday so special for me.
I gave Adam a small book about our past with a ton of pictures of ONLY us. I loved getting to do it because I have been so bad about doing our couple scrapbooking now that I am working on it for our little family. Adam totally outdid me. He gave me a beautiful boquet of flowers--he said that "All women should have flowers on Valentine's Day." He also gave me a HUGE surprise by renting a MAC for me to compile all of our videos and pictures, woohoo! I was blown away, but there was still more! He gave me a sweet card (he is always the best at those) and a bag of 60% dark chocolate Lindt truffles. Oh yes, he knows me. I love you forever, Babe!!! XOXOXOXO

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Those place settings are so pretty! I am totally impressed with your set. That is a really fun tradition too. How fun.

Buffy Dayton said...

GOLLY, happy valentines day, wanna know what I got....A GREAT BIG KISS! (not that I don't love kisses, cause I totally do, but hello, a kiss, or a MAC?)