Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Labor Day

We were so excited because yesterday was Adam's first paid holiday at his new job--woohoo! And to celebrate, the poor, sweet guy got up with Steven before 7am and let me sleep in until 10:30. Embarrassing, I know, but we had been up really late the night before with friends. After that Adam cleaned out our car and did a lot of organizing in our apartment. I wasn't a total slacker, though. I did some dishes, and then I decided to get some stuff ready for our soon-to-come new arrival. Thanks to some wonderful gifts from family and friends and my awesome sister for saving her last girl's clothes for us, we already have a pretty nice stash. My mom was also a HUGE help--she washed up everything to be as good as new. Check out what was once Steven's blue and green closet. Now it's half pink! :)
Steven was getting really excited to see all the new baby things.
Daddy gave Steven rides in the clothes boxes and made it even more fun.
Later in the day we decided to go out and have some fun. We went to one of our favorite places, California Pizza Kitchen, with our friends Chris and Jen Hulme. After dinner they were sooo nice and treated us to dessert at Yogurt Land. We had never been there before, but we will definitely go there again! It was so yummy. Basically you can choose whatever frozen yogurt flavors you want, then any toppings, and then it's 30 cents an ounce. The best part is that you make it yourself, so you know it'll be good!
Steven really got into giving big, yummy bites to Daddy.
I think it got a little cold for him, haha.

3 comments:

Brittany Webster said...

Sounds like a fun and busy day! I am getting so excited for your new little girl! Hope you are doing well!

Barbaloot said...

I'm so excited for your new baby! You're due in October, yes?

Sara Waldron said...

That's so fun you're getting all ready for your little girl. How exciting!